When I was in the third grade I decided that my bangs were too long, so I thought I'd trim them myself. Well, I cut them, and they weren't even, so I kept trying to even them up, and eventually I cut them off all the way to my scalp! Wouldn't you know that I decided to do this right before our class pictures were taken. My poor mother had to cut new bangs for me by bring my hair forward from about halfway back on the top on my head. In my class picture, my bangs start back over my ears!
In my forties my mother thought it was time to tell me that my gray hair was making me look old, so I went to my close friend, a stylist, to have it colored. I told her I wanted dark auburn - I had been a brunette with natural auburn highlights in my youth. Well, she colored my hair, and when she was done it was "Lucy, I'm home!" Fortunately for me, she decided to add a little more brown and color it again, and it turned out beautifully. After that first experience we had the perfect color formula, and she's been taking care of my gray ever since!

