BSG: Are you always as chatty with your clients as you were in the twins challenge?
DL: Nicole pointed out that I shared a lot of information about myself with my clients. It is called a conversation…you know interaction between two people where both parties respond to each other equally. I guess when your sentences mostly consist of: “Like, Um and Oh my God!!” you are thrown off by fully developed adult sentences. Besides, I can’t help that I have had an interesting life and I must be saying something right considering I am known for booking clients months out.
BSG: What was your favorite challenge and why?
DL: Well, duh, the first elimination was pretty great because I was most happy with my work and I won. I will say though the family challenge was way up there on the list.
BSG: What do you love most about Dallas?
DL: What do I love about Dallas? What is there NOT to love? Dallas is a down to earth comfortable place to live that just happends to be filled with wonderful people, beautiful homes and shopping like you truly would not believe. It also helps that it is so nicely centered geographically in the country so that anything I may lack here is just a hop, skip and a jump away. Finally, Dallas has one of the best gay communities anywhere. I attend the largest gay church in the world (Cathedral of Hope). We even have an entire neighborhood fondly called the “Gayborhood” with great shops and clubs. I am so at home here and that makes me happier than a pig in shit! Lol!
BSG: Did your friends have Shear Genius viewing parties?
DL: There were viewing parties hosted by many of my friends and clients from all over Florida, Texas and New York City. I could not even begin to go to all of them, however my favorite was the premiere party that I hosted for the cast and friends in New York back in June. It was the only time we have had to view an episode all together and it was a blast!!
BSG: What did you think about the twist that the short cut winner got immunity in your final episode? Was it fair?
DL: I personally thought that it was not that fair for immunity to be given in the short cut challenge mainly because the winners of even eliminations stopped getting immunity much earlier (i.e. poor Paulo who was robbed of immunity in the wig challenge). I think giving the short cut winner choice of season or model in the elimination would have been a little more acceptable but it is a game and anything was possible so que sera sera.
BSG: Do you keep in touch with any of the other stylists?
DL: I talk to Meredith once a week or so; Paulo occasionally (what a great guy!!). I talk to Glenn often and we have vacationed together some (she is the bees knees!). Charlie and I have actually kept up more than anyone I think due to a bond we formed on the show. Shortly after filming, he introduced me to his boyfriend Salvador’s brother, Marco and we fell madly in love (big smile on my face) so we have gotten close. Charlie is totally a bitch...don’t get me wrong but he is one of the funniest and honest people I have ever met and I love him for that.
BSG: What does Daniel's future hold for him?
DL: Wow! That’s a loaded question. My salon business is growing by leaps and bounds. I am looking at several new locations and a possible franchise scenario. I have poured my heart and soul into my business and it is really paying off. There is also the aforementioned product line I am working on and (shhhhhh) maybe another stint on the small screen. All of this followed by settling down with the love of my life, 2.5 children, white picket fence, labradoodle and a beach cottage…you know, the usual. I cannot wait to live more, but if I died today, wow what a life I have lived already thanks in part to Shear Genius!
Click here to comment.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
BSG Interview with Daniel Lewis - Continued
Labels:
Daniel Lewis,
Episode 9,
Interview,
Seeing Double

