BSG: Do you keep in touch with any of the stylists?
Parker: I talk to Dee every once in a while. She’s right down the street so to speak (Miami). I just saw Charlie and Nekisa when I was in New York a few weeks ago.
BSG: What was the best thing about being on Shear Genius?
Parker: Shear Genius was a fantastic experiment for me. There is nothing quite like being whisked all over the country doing something you love. I met a lot of really amazing people, and a couple very excellent stylists. It was just great.
BSG: Do you watch Real Housewives of Orange County?
Parker: I have. It’s the only housewives show out of the bunch I have watched. Dramatically magical.
BSG: Are you still in touch with Tammy Knickerbocker? (the OC Housewife whose hair he styled)
Parker: I have actually corresponded with Tammy since the show. She was really sorry to see me get cut. One letter she sent me had the flowing quote: ”You were amazing and I would go to your salon any time and would recommend you to my friends “ – Tammy Knickerbocker She’s a beautiful, and amazing woman.
BSG: Looking back, is there something you would have done differently?
Parker: Well in retrospect, I could have been a bit more vocal about my reason for not lightening Tammy’s hair. The color was essentially nothing more than a touch up on her home haircoloring extravaganza. I listened to her desires and concerns, and gave her exactly what she wanted, and what was agreed upon in the consultation. She loved it, and I’m satisfied.
BSG: What does the future hold for Parker?
Parker: While still living in West Palm Beach, Fl., Much of my time is spent preparing for the opening of theDavidkSpace – A Boutique Salon Experience, as the education director. The Space is going to bring a superior New York style Salon experience to a much in need West Palm Beach, FL. We are going be teaching Physicalhair, as well as breakthrough approaches to consultations, individually created coutureHair, and other protocols for excellence that David K has pioneered, which are now industry standards. www.thedavidkspace.com. As well, I am still actively taking haircut appointments at 2 salons that can be contacted through my website www.parkerplotkin.com, and working on several editorial projects. There’s still much more Parker to come. Just be on the look out.
Click here to comment.

