BSG: How exactly do you use your fashion education when cutting hair?
MS: Fashion trends start in the textile industries and then filter down to all aspects of life. Understanding how fashion trends are created helps me be a better hairstylist because I am able to consult with my guests to complete their total desired look.
BSG: How did you come to be on Shear Genius?
MS: An email was forwarded to me about the casting call in
BSG: Do you think the judging should take more into consideration the wants and needs of the client, as discussed in your initial consultation?
MS: The very nature of a reality show is to test one’s reaction to stressful situations. It is stressful for the client, the contestant and even the judges. We can only deal with what is in front of us at the time, make our decisions, and try not to regret them.
BSG: What did you think about the guest judges on the show?
MS: Well, it wasn’t Vidal Sassoon, but they were lovely nonetheless.
BSG: Are you still in touch with any of the other stylists?
MS: I made some great friends and I look forward to seeing them and continuing our relationships after the show has completely aired.
BSG: What does the future hold for Meredith?
MS: I am thoroughly enjoying the present and I believe that with hard work today, the future will take care of itself. I am a happy wife and mother and a happy employee of Salon V, the best salon environment I have ever worked in! I love to teach others and help them expand their horizons and discover new things about our industry. I consider myself truly blessed every day just to wake up and get to do what I love.
Click here to comment.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
BSG Interview with Meredith Spiros, Continued
Labels:
Interview,
Meredith Spiros

